WHY POSSIBILITY LAB?
Possibility Lab exists to help others create the impact and life they want! Each person is special and has a unique purpose. Every person impacts others and should do so as his/her best self to live life to its fullest and to create enduring happiness. Organizations full of individuals and teams embracing their strengths and best selves will experience greater results, innovation, and impact!
Whether through , , training, or a mixture thereof, the experience focuses on creating new possibilities, exploring the client’s latent potential, and rousing creativity to better utilize the client’s strengths.
Clients seeking to achieve lofty goals and overcome tough challenges have come to the right place! A co-created, client-driven path for success enables high performers, motivated to be their best selves, to reach their goals and overcome any obstacles faster. Challenges are embraced and viewed as a way to keep life interesting and exciting!
Strengths, creativity, positive attitude, quality of life and work environments, happiness, designing custom processes and programs fit to the client’s needs, results, appreciation, celebration, engagement, and tenacity are emphasized throughout the process.
Individuals, teams, businesses, and organizations looking to expand their potential to overcome challenges and seeking improvement or results are encouraged to contact us to have a conversation to Experiment with Better™!
Areas of Expertise
- Interactive Workshops
- Innovation and Creativity
- Attitude and Mindset
- Making Challenges Fun
- Engagement and Leadership
- Relationship Building
CREATING IMPACT & POSSIBILITY
When was the last time someone wanted you to be someone other than yourself? A client was approached by an acquaintance and told that she needed to be different and needed to stand out to be noticed. Within minutes of this jarring encounter, she went into a life changing interview. As a result of coaching, she committed to being herself instead of allowing the contradicting influence to decrease her conviction to have an employer who appreciated her as she was. She got the job as herself!
Have you ever struggled with running a business, maintaining a healthy lifestyle, or managing your finances? A very motivated client was experiencing all three of these circumstances before he received coaching. He was overwhelmed, stressed and frustrated! His priorities were addressed one by one during the coaching sessions. He quickly took the actions he had committed to during the sessions. At the end of a month, his schedule and finances were manageable with time slated for exercise. By creating his desired lifestyle, he now enjoyed his life! These are just a couple of ways Possibility Lab impacts and helps create impactful individuals and teams.
IDEAL CLIENTS ARE OR ASPIRE TO BE
- Fun seekers
- High goal setters
- Free/independent thinkers
- Creators and embracers of opportunity
- Impactful/inspirational leaders
- High performers/successful
- Challenging/not satisfied with the status quo
- Comfortable being unique/strive for different
- Change makers in life and/or society
- Motivated to overcome any fear/obstacle
- Passionate about a high quality of life
- Comfortable with the unknown
- Looking for the value in different and new perspectives
- Improved communication, work/life balance, and patience with self and others
- Organized thoughts, expanded ideas, and planned actions
- Increased happiness, team effectiveness, and results
- Improved relationships, self-awareness, self-esteem, and self-confidence
- Faster progress
- Overcame leadership challenges quicker and with better results
All services are custom-made to fit the needs of the client and can be accomplished over the telephone or through video conferencing. Some of the possible options available are:
Coaching has impacted me in many ways. Before coaching, I only viewed situations from one perspective; mine. After several weeks of coaching, I was viewing my problems from several perspectives. Now after nearly half a year of coaching, I have become better practiced at viewing situations from multiple perspectives and trying to identify the issue from several different views. Also, I have noticed that I ask more questions as a result of coaching. The value of coaching was a surprise to me. I was not sure what or how much I would get out of coaching, but it has been a great experience and a great learning and growing tool for me.Zackary Thimmesch
Coaching has impacted me in such a way that I am now able to look at the personal challenges in my life in a completely different light. Seeing it in a whole new way, I now know how to go about my challenges to get the best outcome for myself. If I hadn't gone through coaching with Christina, I would still be stuck in my old ways of thinking about my challenges, lacking the depth and value we were able to accomplish through my coaching sessions.Alyssa Foster
My coaching sessions with Christina lasted from July 2015 to December 2015 during my co-op at Spirit AeroSystems, Inc. Initially, I had some reservations about the concept of coaching and putting myself in a vulnerable state for a stranger to assess me. I also didn’t have any ideas as to what I wanted out of coaching, but I learned in addressing my current problems and opening up to Christina, I was able to develop personally and professionally. Coaching starts with the individual as a complete, fully capable, and emotionally complex person. That being said, we are not perfect or invincible, and for me trying to balance work, school, and life, I believe coaching helped me to put the power back in my hands. It reminded me that I have control over how I act/react in situations that I may or may not have control over. The goal of coaching is to be whatever the individual wants to be, and the possibilities for how one’s potential can develop are endless. Throughout my sessions I was surprised to learn the ease at which things can be connected, and I am able to use the insight I’ve gained to apply to other aspects of my life. The coaching sessions were a safe space to voice my concerns without fear of being judged. I was able to talk about anything I wanted and I could dismiss the parts of our sessions I didn’t consider helpful to me without any questions asked. I was also able to point out things I didn’t agree with in our sessions that I felt inhibited the open thought process of our discussions. As my coach, Christina wasn’t there to tell me what to do or what was the right thing; those answers were to my own judgement. I also welcomed new and differing perspectives eagerly. The value I obtained from coaching was the reaffirmation of my goals and standards towards my career as well as relationships. I’ve become more confident in being steadfast about what I want and to not settle for less. Also, I believe a little support and patience goes a long way, and it’s important to allow some time to process things and reflect upon ourselves. I am immensely grateful for this coaching opportunity with Christina. I have no doubt I will continue to draw insight and knowledge from this experience years and years from now.Stephanie Keomany
Christina's energy, passion and encouragement of growth in other employees was strikingly evident in the first and every following interaction I had with her. She is outspoken and confident enough to politely and professionally challenge group think and popular opinion when her experience, knowledge, perspective and understanding lead her to an alternate opinion. I endorse Christina as a value-added team member who will provide thoughtful critique and feedback to create tactical and strategic continuous improvement in whatever the business challenge may be.John Coleman
Christina is an excellent personal and leadership coach. She receives rave reviews from my students and is often requested as a coach based on her reputation.Peter Cohen
Christina is a great coach. She is an amazing listener, and she genuinely cares about the goals of others. She patiently listened to me and asked extremely helpful questions that helped me consider and understand things from multiple new perspectives. With her help I found new skills, felt more equipped, and developed more confidence that helped me take on my goals. Christina helped me develop a whole new outlook on how I addressed my relationships with others, and as a direct result, I am a much better leader today than I was before. Almost immediately after I started sessions with her, people began complimenting me on my new understanding and leadership abilities. Christina helped me develop both personally and professionally, and I am more successful today because of it.Jacob Dold
Christina's mentoring style is conversational, direct, and stretching. Her credibility was quickly established by her ability to speak in terms of the ICF Core Competencies and to provide specific, behavior based feedback. When Christina observed that I executed a particular core competency well, she acknowledged it, then offered suggestions to improve my ability to go deeper with a client; this enabled me to challenge my clients with a higher level of Powerful Questioning. I looked forward to each mentoring call to hear Christina's assessment of the coaching session and to read her assessment of my grasp of the ICF Core Competencies. Each session was very informative, improved my capability, and developed a desire to learn and to grow as a coach. Christina's mentoring improved my ability to leverage multiple ICF Core Competencies to improve my effectiveness as an insightful coach.Ericka Foley
At first I was skeptical to think that coaching could impact me but this was far from the truth. In the first thirty minutes of meeting my coach, Christina already knew things about me that very few people know about or some things that I had yet to realize. Normally, I do not open up to strangers, but I did not feel judged, rather I felt encouraged to go deeper and better myself. Christina has greatly impacted me by leading me to hidden truths about myself and opening my eyes to new possibilities. I could not become the better person that I am today without her coaching.Andrea Murillo
Christina is a highly motivated, self-directed individual. She is very knowledgeable and positive. She does an excellent job of cascading that positive energy to the individuals and teams she works with. I have worked directly with her and observed her facilitation skills. She is a top notch facilitator and connects well with the people she works with. She would be a vital asset to any team, individual or organization that thrives on continuous improvement.Garan Johnson
Anyone whose life is touched by Christina will have a blessed life. As I have received coaching from her, she has been most effective in helping me to focus and achieve the specific results that I most desire. Christina helps me to carefully consider the "fluff" and cut it out, so that I can proceed with maximum purpose and effect. And, on top of all that, she has a soul filled with light - I'd suggest you meet her even just for that part!Ed Britton
Coaching helped me at the perfect moment because I was making many big decisions about my life. Now after the sessions, I have a clearer path to follow. Christina was wonderful at hearing and understanding different situations. She asked me the perfect questions to help me figure out answers. It was a surprise to see myself taking action faster after the sessions. I felt more confident about decisions because Christina made me think about what was really important to me. I think coaching is a great tool to improve your life. Everyone should try it. I am sure I will do it again.Alejandro Barrero
Christina is empathetic, intuitive, insightful and challenging. A great coach. I'd recommend her to my best friend or closest colleague.Julia Fabris McBride
I am ever-changing! I purposely look for new concepts to mix around with my current ideas and transform me or just sit within me as a possibility of how others relate or perceive life. I am blessed to be able to hold multiple views in most situations. Below are my ideas of the me as of now:
- If something doesn’t help me meet my goals, I stop doing it
- Ooze positivity and see promise in everything
- Open minded but willing to be myself
- A situation and a specific viewpoint determines whether something is a strength or weakness
- It is more fun to do something with others instead of by myself
- Failure is not a bad thing…it is progress and provides data and learning. It can also be lots of fun!
- Open to honest feedback
- Flexibility in life is paramount
- People are what make life worthwhile
- If others can’t see my value, then they may not be meant to see it now
- Never stop changing when there is new information for improvement
- Ask for what I want and expect
- Never give up
- Lemons can be so much more than lemonade
- Don’t define myself by others
What is coaching?
Coaching is a thought-provoking and creative process that inspires clients to maximize their personal and professional potential. Each client is viewed as whole, creative, and resourceful. The clients are the experts of their lives. The coach asks questions and helps explore the topic that the client wants to make progress on. The coach’s role is to help the client navigate the unknown and to uphold the coaching process. The coach is not there to be an expert on the client’s topic. Coaching focuses on the present and future. Coaching conversations are confidential in most cases.
What are the fundamental prerequisites for outstanding coaching results?
- A commitment to self-investment
- A willingness to experiment and define failure as progress
- A propensity to be passionate about challenging goals and dreams
- Seeing enormous value in creating a better situation
What are Possibility Lab’s coaching qualifications?
- Trained specifically in leadership coaching by the Kansas Leadership Center with leadership viewed as an activity (not a position) and something anyone can learn and do
- Skilled in multiple group coaching methods and settings
- Path to Success development member with the International Association of Coaching
- Experienced in coaching leaders in many industries (in-person, by phone and by video conferencing)
- Practiced in working with diverse individuals and groups with varying beliefs and values
- Proficient at achieving lofty goals and accomplishing desired results
- Christina has the Associate Certified Coach credential with the International Coach Federation
What is facilitation?
A facilitator keeps a group focused and helps the group make progress on an established group purpose/goal. In addition to making progress on the group’s goal, facilitation encourages engagement from all group members and can help establish trust. Facilitation can benefit groups and teams ranging from a few members to hundreds of members. Facilitation can be done in-person or virtually.
What are Possibility Lab’s facilitation qualifications?
- Advanced development in the teaching leadership curriculum in leadership concepts imparted by the Kansas Leadership Center, including managing self, energizing others, skillful interventions, and situation diagnosis for approaching adaptive challenges (including using Case-in-Point, Case Studies, and Storytelling)
- Experienced facilitator for leadership teams of up to 35 participants with opposing priorities and complex requirements
- Skilled in creating trustworthy and inclusive environments for diverse individuals and groups with varying beliefs and values
- Practiced in business acumen, being metric and results driven, and creating and leading cross functional teams (including program management, product development, business transformation, process improvement, strategic planning, project management, market strategy, team building, and goal establishment and execution)
- Experienced in creating and leading virtual organizations
- Experienced in facilitating adult training including collaborative activities with up to 50 learning participants at a time in a classroom setting
- Some of Christina’s best talents are getting started, making progress, keeping a group focused on a goal, being a positive energy source, and overcoming obstacles
- Educated and trained in facilitation methods for creating collaborative long-term plans
- Christina is a Certified Planner with the American Planning Association
What is consulting?
A consultant is usually viewed as an expert and delivers solutions and advice to clients. The consultant is responsible for formulating a plan of action or giving a solution for a project or situation the client is facing.
What are Possibility Lab’s areas of consulting expertise?
- Facilitation and team building
- Market strategy and execution
- Goal establishment and execution
- Succeeding in ambiguous situations
- Strategic planning
- Product development
- Process development and improvement
- Project management
- Relationship building
- Program management
- Christina received Master Lean Coach certification from Spirit AeroSystems
- Christina is also a LEED® (Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design) Accredited Professional in Neighborhood Development